Water Industry Couplings
- Easy access – drive reset in minutes.
- Wedge construction gives maximum rigidity with no backlash. Ideal for indexing or reversing drives.
- Clamping screws give positive axial location. Shear neck cannot be displaced from correct position between flanges.
- Equal load sharing with multiple pins on high torque drives. Very high capacity within compact dimensions.
- Shear necks are standardised and colour coded, giving safe, tamper proof repeatability and spares economy.
- “Fail-safe” under all conditions. Not affected by changes in temperature or humidity. Ability to release not dependent on mechanism lubrication.
The most effective method of protecting rotating machinery from overload is a simple shearpin. Proved to be reliable for long term protection on slow running / high torque drives, a shearpin gives full strength directly as a frictionless drive load.
Howdon can make any of its standard units in 304SS or 316SS or with a trip pin on the back of the hub to trigger a switch. We can offer bespoke units to suit your requirements.